Linux Software Developer
Do you want to work in a start-up environment in a small company with high goals?
CIND is a company that develops measurement systems for the industry such as logistics and forestry. We have developed our own stereo-vision based software that we use to capture in-motion vehicles to a 3D model. This model is then used for estimating and measuring pallets, cargo, timber and whatever the future has in mind for us.
We base our development around Linux and the available tools for this. Our main languages are C++, Python, SQL and PHP. We use a lot of computer vision algorithms/libraries and point clouds together with math to do measurements. The customer gets data through integrations using REST APIs and other methods. Much of this implemented using databases and web development.
To manage all this we develop in an agile environment, based around tools such as git, Bitbucket, JIRA and Slack. Some of us even use 'vi'...but not all of us.
We now need to strengthen our team of developers to handle much of our management, operations monitoring and customer interfaces. These rely heavily on web, using REST APIs and web clients. We are looking for an experienced person that has worked in similar environments and has knowledge of how to setup the architecture and manage the system. We are a small team and knowledge of C++/Python/Math are required to be able to participate in all parts of our development, however, the main target for this position is to handle our front/back ends.
You should be a person that can work with many things at the same time. We are a small company and share all things we need to do. We work with international customers and hence traveling might be part of your tasks.
We think you have:
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science (or similar)
- At least a few years of relevant experience (professional or others)
- Good knowledge of Linux (especially Debian-based flavors)
- Experience in web development and front/back end APIs
- Knows the Linux development environment and its tools
- Good knowledge in Python/Php (or other web-relevant language)/SQL
- Some knowledge in C++
- Good knowledge in English and Swedish
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to be part of a growing high-tech start-up company
- Freedom to develop and explore your ideas to realize our needs
- A fun and highly motivated team of colleagues
- Open-minded and creative environment
- Central office in Jönköping
The position is based in Jönköping. We offer remote working from other locations but we believe in meeting colleagues to boost energy and development. Hopefully we can all get back after the pandemic, and work most of our time, together in our office in Jönköping.